Review on Loon Technology
Sai Kishan Kranthi Kumar Vuriti, Badram Naveen Kumar, Sathujoda Nikhil
Loon, ISP, Mylar, Satellites
Now a days the Internet is one of the most transformative technologies of our lifetimes. But in our society out of 100% people only 60% can be able to use the internet facilities. Remaining 40% can’t be able to use internet facilities due to lack of towers in terrestrial areas like jungles, mountains, remote areas, etc. because of cost challenges Some cellular networks are doesn’t like to build any type of towers. Solving these problems isn’t simply a question of time: it requires looking at the problem of access from new angles. So “PROJECT LOON” is the one of the solution for above mentioned problem. The major part of this system is balloons which are equipped with solar panels, satellites, Antennas. These balloons are possibly constructed from materials like metalized Mylar, a highly flexible latex or rubber material, like chloroprene. These balloons are placed at the height of 80km from earth surface. So the balloons can provide the internet access for nearly 15km. The advantage of the Loon Project is there is no distraction in signals even though natural calamities occurs in that areas. By these balloons the internet speed will be up to 1.5mbps. As a result, they hope balloons could become an option for connecting rural, remote, and underserved areas, and for helping with communications after natural disasters. The signal travels through the balloon network from balloon to balloon, then to a ground-based station connected to an Internet Service Provider (ISP), then onto the global Internet. The system aims to bring Internet access to remote and rural areas poorly served by existing provisions, and to improve communication during natural disasters to affected regions. The signals from one balloon to another is transmitted by Antennas provided in balloons. By this way also India will be developed more
Article Details
Unique Paper ID: 150111

Publication Volume & Issue: Volume 7, Issue 3

Page(s): 52 - 55
Article Preview & Download

Share This Article

Join our RMS

Conference Alert

NCSEM 2024

National Conference on Sustainable Engineering and Management - 2024

Last Date: 15th March 2024

Call For Paper

Volume 11 Issue 1

Last Date for paper submitting for Latest Issue is 25 June 2024

About Us enables door in research by providing high quality research articles in open access market.

Send us any query related to your research on

Social Media

Google Verified Reviews