Mechanical properties of double blended self compacting concrete in m80 grade of concrete
Author(s):
K. Prasanna Kumar, V. Lincoln Babu , G. Bharath , K. VasuBabu, E. Mani
Keywords:
SCC – Self Compacting Concrete, GGBS – Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag, Metakaolin, Mechanical Properties.
Abstract
In the world, concrete is the most often utilized civil engineering material used to build different kinds of structures. In order to enhance concrete's quality and adapt it to a variety of uses, concrete technology research has been conducted continuously. Numerous varieties of concrete, including fiber-reinforced concrete, self-compacting concrete (SCC), high strength concrete, and high-performance concrete, have been created as a result. One of the most notable developments in concrete technology over the past ten years is self-compacting concrete (SCC). Concrete that flows easily and can solidify on its own weight is known as self-compacting concrete The aim of the study is to make use of Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag and Metakaolin as replacements of cement and understand its effect on the fresh properties and hardened properties of concrete. The investigation includes the concept of double blending of Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag and Metakaoloin, this double blend exploits the beneficial characteristics of Pozzolanic materials in producing a better concrete. The mix design obtained for the M80 grade of self-compacting concrete. the quantities of cubes of dimensions 150mmx150mmx150mm and cylinders of the size 150mm diameter x 300 mm and beam sizes are 150mmx150mmx700mm length are casted and tested for the compressive strength, split tensile strength and flexural strength for 7days, and 28 days. The cement is replaced by weight as 10 % and 20% in order to find the optimum replacement for the metakaolin and ground granulated blast furnace slag is derived from the compressive strength results of the concrete blended by metakaolin and ground granulated blast furnace slag individually. The individual blends the double blend mix is obtained by replacing the cement by metakaolin and ground granulated blast furnace slag. the results obtained the metakaolin mix has increased compressive strength at 20 %replacement and it is more at 10% replacement of ground granulated blast furnace slag. a total replacement of cement by weight is 30 % i.e 20 % metakaolin and 10% ground granulated blast furnace slag.
Article Details
Unique Paper ID: 162964

Publication Volume & Issue: Volume 10, Issue 11

Page(s): 510 - 515
Article Preview & Download


Share This Article

Join our RMS

Conference Alert

NCSEM 2024

National Conference on Sustainable Engineering and Management - 2024

Last Date: 15th March 2024

Call For Paper

Volume 11 Issue 1

Last Date for paper submitting for Latest Issue is 25 June 2024

About Us

IJIRT.org enables door in research by providing high quality research articles in open access market.

Send us any query related to your research on editor@ijirt.org

Social Media

Google Verified Reviews